I love love love LOVE Evening Beach Evangelism!
I look forward to this all year.
Sadly, in New England, there’s a short season of when we can effectively reach people at the beach. 🙁
So I treasure every moment!
As you can see in the following photo, lots and lots of people gather around and listen to the gospel message, many staying around afterwards for one-on-one discussions!
Here’s a few reasons why Beach Evangelism is so great:
- Tons of people (some from quite far away) come to the beach every day.
- The town of Hampton, NH, puts on a free concert and free fireworks every Wednesday night, and that attracts even MORE people!
- Unlike in the city, people aren’t in a hurry. They’re not rushed and distracted. We get into lots more fruitful one-on-one witnessing conversations!
- The beach is a GREAT PLACE to bring Christians who want to learn to share their faith, but are afraid! At the beach they can watch, pray, and give it a try handing out a gospel tract, or even engaging a stranger in a conversation.
- We run into a lot of Christians who tell us that God has used us to encourage them in their walk with Christ and to be more bold in their witness to the lost.
- In the span of just a few hours, we can hand out hundreds and hundreds of gospel tracts, have dozens of conversations, and have 100+ people listen to the gospel proclaimed in the open air!
The following is from an email I got from my Pastor regarding a man named Joe who he met while being part of our team at the beach:
One of the young men we were able to witness on the Wednesday we went to Hampton Beach lived in [our town] and goes to [the local high school]. Well he came to church yesterday, showed up at 8 am and left at 1 pm. God is doing something in his heart. His name is Joe! Pray for Joe to become a strong witness for Christ!
Another exciting opportunity from the beach is a man named Jimmy. He gave me his email address and he and I have been emailing back and forth. He doesn’t see himself as a sinner, and thinks Jesus doesn’t require him to repent and trust in Jesus. Please pray for my continued emails with Jimmy.
We still have much of the summer left to go to Hampton Beach a number of times, so please keep our future outreaches in your prayers! 🙂
I hope the following photos are an encouragement to you!
Thank you for your prayers, notes of encouragement, and financial support. Without all of those, we could not be reaching the lost for Jesus Christ!
Please feel free to share this with others you think would be encouraged by it!
all for Jesus,
Mark (and family)