WARNING: This post contains mature subject matter. We strive to keep this blog family-friendly, but the subject-matter of Abortion doesn’t allow for that.
This post is loooong: a whole year’s worth of activity in one post. But it’s really really interesting – I promise! So please read to the end when you have some time. I promise you’ll find great encouragement amidst the trials.Dear friends,
Every Friday, a small team has begun ministering outside an abortion clinic in our State Capital. It’s the most intense Spiritual Warfare I’ve ever experienced. We’ve had the clinic lie to Police about us. We’ve seen very young girls go in, pressured by their parents. We’ve seen young women come out of that building with clear trauma on their faces. We’ve seen the clinic engage Social Justice Warrior Activists on Social Media to overwhelm our Facebook page with disgusting (and sometimes pornographic) content. And we’ve seen people hear and receive the gospel message who might not otherwise have heard it.
And that’s the open secret that we’re happy to share. You see, as passionate as we are to see the unborn spared from death, and the Mom spared from being lied to and manipulated by the clinic for $500, there is something we care about even more.
Our #1 priority is to share Jesus with people who need Him, and there’s A LOT of those people who walk by the busy sidewalk in our State’s Capital.
It is more important that a soul is saved than that a person becomes anti-abortion. (And we’re really-really anti-abortion so that shows how much we really really care about where a soul spends eternity.)
I’ve learned a few things in the year we’ve been doing this:
- The clinic will lie and do whatever it takes to silence our peaceful opposition. (In the photo to the right, Dahlia, the woman who runs the clinic, has called the Police on our team, telling them we were blocking the sidewalk, blocking the stairs, following women back to their cars, and that we were a much larger group than we were – all of these allegations were untrue.)
- The clinic will lie about us on Social Media, and even try to profit from it financially. They wrote on Facebook that we are “aggressive, hateful protesters” and claim that we call Moms “murders, evil beings, spawns of Satan, and the list goes on.” This was in their pitch for a fundraiser called “Protest a Protester.”
- The clinic has lied to us repeatedly about the legality of us being there, even calling a Code Enforcement Officer and manipulating him to tell us the wrong info about City Ordinances. (The City Solicitor eventually apologized to us for the wrong information given to us – Praise God!)
- The clinic will lie about us to our employers and certifying authorities to wreck our careers (yes, this happened).
- The Clinic Workers appear to have genuinely bought the inaccurate caricature that Pro-Life people are unstable, uneducated, anti-Science, horrible, and ready to blow up Abortion Clinics and gun-down Abortion Doctors. I’ve told them so many times, “We’re not a physical threat to you. We’re Pro-LIFE, not death.”
- Abortion is not about Science. We show 3D ultrasounds and medical fetal models, while they call a “12-week” fetus, and even a 38-week unborn baby “a group of cells.” (See video below).
- Abortion is not healthcare. Healthcare is professional. We’ve seen the Clinic Workers use children’s kazoos to try to silence our message, wear strange clothing (unicorn hats), and sing and dance while their clients walk up the stairs to pay them for their service. Legitimate doctors don’t sink so low to those techniques.
- The Lord Jesus is in charge and is in the business of reaching people with the gospel! Despite the ridiculous childish behavior of the clinic, Jesus has sent us people from all demographics to hear the gospel. Rich people, and homeless people, and all different skin colors. We’ve talked with Gay people and transgendered people and International people. Is it worth it to stand on the sidewalk outside this clinic? Oh yeah!
I want to be clear: Dalia and her team are not our enemies. They’re deceived and being used by the devil to do evil. “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:12).
But we must have wisdom. With the lying, manipulating, bullying, and harassment the Clinic has routinely done, are these really the people we want counseling vulnerable and scared young girls?
Perhaps you’ve seen Anti-Abortion sidewalk counselors characterized in the media as hateful horrible people, spewing nastiness at women trying to get abortions. Perhaps there are actual Anti-Abortion people who do that. That’s not how our group operates.
From the beginning I’ve been convicted to only ever treat the Moms with dignity and respect, never name-call, and only offer help.
When people walk by who aren’t going to the clinic, we merely offer them a gospel booklet and say, “Good morning, this is for you.” And if they don’t take it, we kindly say, “Have a great day.” When Moms walk by who want an abortion, we offer them a gift bag with chocolates, some nice-smelling fancy soap and lip balm, an info sheet on a Pro-Life Pregnancy Center up the street that can help them, a “Gospel of John” booklet, a booklet with fetal development and the gospel message, my card, a newborn diaper, a 12-week fetal model, and a personal note from a pregnant Mom offering help. That’s it. We’re very peaceful out there. We never demonize the Moms. But Dalia doesn’t like it one bit.
Our team does call out the clinic, warning Moms that the clinic wants to kill her baby for $500, but we do not call the Mom a murderer, nor do we attack the Mom. We have decided to take the position of Jesus who was willing to call out the Pharisees (Authorities), but say this of the normal every-day people, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do” (Luke 23:34).
If you’d like to see and hear for yourself what we typically say to a Mom, please watch the video below…
So, what did you think? Were we hateful to the Mom? Yes, we did warn her about the danger of what the clinic wants to do, but we were kind to her. We often offer her adoption services and financial services. And we offer her hope in Christ.
I’ve learned that if someone says anything against the Abortion Industry, they consider that as “hate” and “harassment.” They have redefined “hate” and “harassment” just as they’ve redefined “life.” It’s very sad, and it’s why I’m asking for you to please pray for the Clinic workers. How amazing when Jesus saves them!
I’ve also learned that no matter how nice we are, no matter how much we keep our voices calm, they will be mean and nasty to us. We’ve been called “terrorists,” “cult leader.” The men on our team have been told that we don’t have a say because we have, quote, “a penis.” (Ironically, they also say that there’s no such thing as gender and we can be whatever gender we want to be. So if that’s true, then why, in their way of thinking, would it matter if one of us is male? But it’s not about logic with them.)
If you’d like to know which side is bitter, and unprofessional, and hurling personal insults, and which side is calm, and shows respect, I offer the following evidence:
God has done amazing things at the clinic in the past year. Rather than have me rattle-on about it, here are a bunch of photos. Please read the descriptions so you can be encouraged by the victories, praise God for the answered prayers, and pray for the hardships.
Standing outside an Abortion Clinic is not something I wanted to do.
Maybe it’s because I’m Jewish, but I am especially passionate about when a society considers one type of people “less human” than others. The Nazis did this with my people not very long ago, with disastrous consequences. Before that, our own country did that with African-Americans, with disastrous consequences. Today we’re doing that with the unborn.
During Slavery and Jim Crow, we had William Wilberforce and Rosa Parks to stand up and do something.
During the Holocaust, we had Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Corrie ten Boom who did something to fight the injustice.
I’m not suggesting that the Team and I are like these great and faithful people, but we want to do something. I want to be like the man in the photo to the right who wouldn’t salute The Fuhrer. The simple act of standing outside on the sidewalk, offering hope and a choice, is something we can do.
Please pray about joining us! The more people we have, the better it goes. Even if you don’t say anything, but just pray, you’d be a HUGE HELP! Please contact me if you’d like more info.Our message is simple. The baby is alive. It’s immoral to kill her. We offer hope by helping Moms take care of their baby, or adopt the baby to someone who will.
As troubling as it is to think about, we must consider what happens in an Abortion.
- A Mom’s cervix is forcibly dilated to allow a tube inside. The amniotic fluid is removed.
- The unborn but living Baby is literally torn apart, sometimes by strong suction, and sometimes by a stainless steel instrument. Arms, legs, the spine, the head, are all violently removed.
- It gets worse. The dismembered baby must be carefully put back together like a puzzle to ensure no pieces are left inside the Mom’s uterus (as that will lead to infection.)
- The remains are then discarded as common medical waste.
I understand that was difficult to read. But that is what is happening. Over 1 million times per year in the US alone.
To hear from a Board-Certified Obstetrician-Gynecologist who performed over 1,200 Abortions, please watch this short video:
Abortion shouldn’t just be illegal, it should be unthinkable.
As horrible as abortion is, leaving this world without the forgiveness Jesus offers is so much worse. That’s why we talk about Jesus, and give out Gospel Booklets and DVDs and Gospel of John booklets. The Gospel must always be the heartbeat of our work at the Clinic.
It’s not uncommon for new volunteers who come out to help us to remark over and over that they can’t believe how childishly the Clinic workers act. This is the type of stuff you wouldn’t believe unless you saw it for yourself. So here are a few more eye-opening videos.
The clinic claims to give “unbiased facts.” Unfortunately for them, the camera was running when one of their representatives gave medical information about a 12-week-old unborn baby (and then 38-week-old unborn baby).
Please watch and listen for yourself.
The clinic claims we are harassing and hateful. Please listen to what we say and decide for yourself…
They claim to be pro “choice,” yet physically block us from giving out information about choices other than murder. They also claim that abortion is a solemn, difficult decision. Yet they dance and play music while innocent Babies are literally brought to their violent death.
It’s not healthcare when the aim is to murder a child.
The clinic claims to be a Professional Medical Clinic that takes Reproductive Issues seriously. Please watch and listen for yourself.
Abortion is a controversial topic worthy of dignified reflection and consideration. We might not all agree with one another, but can’t we all approach this as adults?
The Clinic makes use of childish Kazoos, Unicorn Hats, and Star Wars music. And they want to counsel vulnerable and scared young girls?
Not all the videos we’ve captured are sad.
One time a man was literally walking up the stairs to donate money to the Abortion Clinic when our team lovingly challenged him. You’ve just GOT TO SEE what happened!
Abortion is a blight on our society, and it takes The Holy Spirit to change hearts. That’s why Gospel Proclamation is at the heart of what we do.
Since “Roe vs Wade” was decided in 1973, over 60 Million Babies have been slaughtered through surgical abortions, and more than 250 Million Babies through medical abortions.
The Babies murdered surgically alone could fill over 857 NFL Football Stadiums.
Abortion should not just be illegal. It should be unthinkable.
As horrible as Abortion is (and it is horrible), it is EVEN WORSE for souls to go to Eternity without the forgiveness that Jesus offers through the Gospel. Please pray that Jesus will lead and bless our Gospel Outreach outside the clinic.
One last thing, I want to thank my friend, and fellow OAC Missionary, John Risner, for helping me get started in Abortion Ministry. When I had no idea what to do, he encouraged me to just get out there, and gave me some great ideas to start.
We love you and thank Jesus for you!
Thank you so much for your prayers, financial support, and notes of encouragement, without which we would not be able to reach the Lost for Jesus Christ!
Please contact us anytime and let us know how we can pray for you!
And please feel free to forward this to anyone you think would be blessed by it!
For Christ and His gospel,
Mark, Shelby, Vivienne, Juliana, Caleb, and Gabriella