I love love love love sharing Jesus at Universities. It’s a tremendous mission field, where God sends our way students from all walks of life, and from all over the world!
We had a fruitful Spring, focusing on The University of Massachusetts, and The University of New Hampshire.
Please let me share a quick testimony that demonstrates the power of going back to the same spots to evangelize over and over again. A student named Tommy approached my partner, Chris. Tommy said, “I’ve seen you guys out here for 4 years. And I always take a booklet from you. This past year I got saved!” Tommy gave a good testimony, and he said he attends Durham Evangelical Church, which we know to be a solid, Bible-believing Church. It’s actually the Church I first went to when I got saved back in 1993!!! What a super encouragement to meet someone like Tommy!
One other student that really stood out was a transgendered student named Jack. More on her below in the photos.
Other than reaching unsaved Students, University ministry is a blessing because we run into Christian students, some of whom have never seen effective Open Air Ministry. I hope and pray that God uses us to embolden Christian students to share the gospel with strangers.
In the photos and descriptions below, I make reference to “The Good Person Test.” This is a tool that I’ve found to be very very effective in getting students to think about eternal things.
Please feel free to click on the graphic below to download a copy of “The Good Person Test.” Please print it out and use it in your own personal evangelism. And if you want it as a Microsoft Word document, so you can edit it and add your own contact information, just let me know and I’ll get it to you.
You can always find the latest version of “The Good Person Test” at: http://luke-15.org/good-person-test.pdf.
I’ll let the following photos explain what has happened on campus recently.
Please pray for us and those we meet!
In addition to the people in the photos, some other people who stood out are:
- Anita: Anita is Gay and struggles with the idea that God would forbid homosexuality. Chris did a good job reasoning with Anita, and she appeared to be contrite and open.
- Max: Max is an older gentleman, probably in his 50’s. He was very loud (causing a bit of a scene) and he had very strange and unusual theories about where the Bible comes from.
- Zach: Zach was very flippant and rude. But as Chris went through The Good Person Test, bringing up God’s Commandments, he changed and became less rude and more open. He asked some hard questions. Please pray for Zach.
- Lexi and Veda: Lexi and Veda were brash with me at first, but as we went through the Commandments, they softened. It’s powerful to share God’s Word with someone.
- Aiden and Jay: Aiden and Jay can be described as “feisty evolutionists.” They had all kinds of “arguments,” and Chris did a super job answering them, but then transitioning the conversation to be about the gospel. Aiden and Jay both took an evangelistic DVD!
- Bridgette: When I asked Bridgette what she believes, she claimed to be an Atheist. But as I asked her questions about that, it became apparent to me, and I hope to her, that really she’s just angry at her Catholic upbringing. She came around when we talked about Jesus, and not the evil some have done in his name.
- James: Meeting James was unique because he didn’t want to have a discussion with me, but did want to take The Good Person Test. He asked if he could have a copy of the paper because he wanted to read it on his own. So I gave him a copy and he left. I can’t remember that happening before. Well, the gospel is clearly presented on the paper, so please pray for James.
As you can see, God uses University Ministry to reach a lot of people who might not otherwise hear the truth about Jesus. I’m sad that it’s over for the summer. But I look forward, Lord willing, to ministering at the Universities again in the Fall!!!
We love you and thank Jesus for you!
Thank you so much for your prayers, financial support, and notes of encouragement, without which we would not be able to reach the Lost for Jesus Christ!
Please contact us anytime and let us know how we can pray for you!
And please feel free to forward this to anyone you think would be blessed by it!
For Christ and His gospel,
Mark, Shelby, Vivienne, Juliana, Caleb, and Gabriella